Sunday, May 10, 2015

Time to Get a Move on!

On May 23rd, 2014 I married my awesome hubby! On May 30th, we moved to Texas. On August 16th, we moved again. Now, on May 16th, 2015 we are moving for the third time in less than one year of marriage. Yikes! This was definitely something I definitely did not think would happen when I agreed to marry a man still in college. But it is something that I'm getting sort of used to! Since our first move to Texas was only for one summer (to a fully furnished apartment), it really was an easy move and we didn't have to take too much. It was more of a long honeymoon than a move. But our move from Texas to the city where the university was... well, let's just say that was a bit more stressful. ALL of our things from before we were married were now finally coming together as one. We had two cars, a conversion van without seats and a moving truck filled with stuff. Who knew we had so much junk just starting out?? With this move came all the problems. Since we were several states away, we only could rely pictures of apartments near the university, and word of mouth. Once we picked an apartment, we couldn't see it in person! It was really challenging. With this being said, came our first problem. When we got to the apartment, every placement of furniture I had thought up suddenly went out the window. The rooms were not as big as I thought, and the spot where we thought the desk would fit perfectly was cut in half by a water heater! I sulked and whined for days about the desk being in the living room. I had no desire to keep it there (I was being totally unreasonable). Finally, that's just where it had to stay. There was no other spot in our tiny, one bedroom apartment. The other problems came as the move started to turn more into "settling in". I realized that my loving husband packed his dishes dirty! (his claim is that he washed them in the dishwasher and they didn't get cleaned, but by my standards they would still be dirty!) And there was also a lot of things at his Momma's house that he hadn't brought down yet. He complained about me having too many clothes, I complained about him having too many tools! It was a merry-go-round. That move was so stressful, I thought I never wanted to move again until he was done with school! Well.. here we are 9 months later, with another move! Back to our home town for a summer internship. However, this move, I have determined, will be smoother! I have made a list of every box, and its contents. And we have been gradually moving boxes to our new summer abode. Now, we are 2 weeks from moving day and I am thrilled! But also a little nervous. Will it be less stressful? What will the move back in the Fall be like? Will we ever stop moving?? Time will tell. All I can say is, at least I have someone with me who will make a house, apartment, mansion or shack a home wherever we go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment